Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Friday March 5 – A Family Weekend

I talked with the family psychologist this morning. We have an appointment set for next week. You and I and the psychologist. I hope is that we can lay the groundwork to help you realize your abilities, as a parent. These abilities are still very much intact, they are just laying below the surface and you have to tap into them and believe in yourself.

This is going to be very important. Because the sense of failure that you have about parenting, affects the children too. Like any mother, I want to protect them and yet allow their influence help you heal. This will be a delicate balancing act that I don’t know if I’m capable of.

You didn’t get to see your psychologist today. It shows. You are not it a good place emotionally when we finally get to the NSRC. I thought to myself, this is going to be a long hard weekend.

Thank God we have activities planned to help keep you engaged in life rather then let you slip into despair. Between, Quinn’s gymnastic meet, Tara’s birthday and Fran visiting, I think we can keep your emotions on the positive side.

No comments:

Post a Comment