Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thursday April 8 – Reconnect with Baseball

Another day of not smoking again! You thought about it and said that if I hadn’t called that you were going to smoke. I don’t think that is fair. To smoke or not is your choice, and you shouldn’t deflect the choice to my actions.

You asked about the baseball season and the W-L for the Angels. I looked it up for you. You are worried that you won’t be able to follow a game. You have tried to watch a bit of baseball on the TV at the hospital but you feel confused by the game. I don’t know if it’s a concentration thing or something else.

I tell you that Quinn wants to play ball this summer. You have mixed feelings about it. “What use can I be to him. I can throw but I can’t catch.” No binocular vision makes depth perception very difficult. I remind you that there is more to baseball then the physicality of it. There is the strategies and the folklore of the game that you can share with the children.

I can’t think of a better way to reconnect to a passion like baseball then by sharing it with your children.

I will pick you up from the rehab tomorrow. Mum’s surgery went well. You want to visit with her with me on the way home. This will be the first time since Oct 30th that you are back in this hospital. I wonder if it will evoke any memories?

No comments:

Post a Comment