Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Friday January 1 – A Quiet Day at Last

Today is a lazy day. At last, a day that nothing has to be done. We don’t have to go anywhere or do anything. There are so many leftovers, I don’t think we even have to think about food for the weekend. I am going to try to accomplish two things this weekend.

One is catch up on the journal. I am filled up to the very top of my cerebral cortex with feelings and thoughts. I need to purge. I need to start the New Year with an empty mind.
The other goal is to go for a good, vigorous walk and empty my body of all the buildup nervous energy that has accumulated over the past few weeks. I think Annie would appreciate that too.

If I can get these two things done, I will feel ready for the days, weeks and months to come.

You want to spend a few hours sorting through things in your room. This will be your last chance to do this. Once Bill leaves, You will be limited to the family room floor.

Catching up on the journal was a challenge. Somehow I lost three days that I wrote. I had to re-write them. Then today a virus has hit the computer and nothing will load except an offer to buy virus protection software. We already have virus protection – apparently it’s not enough. I hope we haven’t lost everything on the computer. I have no backups. I think I will take a lesson from this and get a better back up system. Thank goodness for the laptop which I haven’t used on the internet. It allows me to continue to journal.

While I write, you watch football. It’s a quiet day. A day to restore.

In the evening you call your parents to wish them a happy New Year. It’s an emotionally charged phone call. Your parents want to be here for you. But with a surgery date in the near future for your mother, it’s not possible. It’s a very difficult time for both you and your parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment